Retirement looks different for everyone, especially in today’s changing world. However, many adults nearing retirement age might be delaying their ideal lifestyle unnecessarily. Some may believe that staying at home is the best option, while others may only consider a community retirement lifestyle once they require support to take care of themselves. But there are many benefits to enjoy when you start living your best lifestyle as soon as possible.
Gregory M. Stevens, President of Vantage Point Retirement Living, headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, says, “Seniors who wait until they’re so ill that they need support miss out on enjoying the advantages of carefree living that a retirement community can provide. Instead, their healthy years are spent keeping up with the house, paying utility and tax expenses and being tied to a piece of property that may no longer fit their needs.
“If it’s financially possible, I encourage those currently retired and nearing retirement to seriously consider making the move to their ideal lifestyle sooner rather than later. It gives them the chance to make plans on their own timeline and truly enjoy the perks of the lifestyle they deserve.”
Benefits of Retiring Now
According to Craig Stephens, US News & World Report contributor and blogger at “Retire Before Dad,” planning for an early retirement creates huge advantages for one’s financial mindset, among other things. By planning for a retirement near(er) in the future, individuals increase their ability to live on a smaller budget (which is great for you and your global footprint), as well as their agility if financial obstacles occur. In addition to these money-smart benefits, Stephens and the retirement experts at Vantage Point Retirement Living point out several reasons to make the move to your dream retirement community sooner than later.
- Time to Plan – Waiting until you absolutely cannot live on your own to move to a retirement community can cause trouble for you and your family. Often, that realization comes on suddenly in the aftermath of a health emergency. This leaves you little time to plan and consider all your options – let alone make the necessary financial adjustments you might need in order to move to your community of choice (which may have long wait lists). Making the move while you’re still healthy allows you to take your time planning to ensure you end up in the right place for you.
- Enjoy Your Lifestyle While You’re Young – Today’s best retirement communities offer seniors much more than just a place to live. They’re brimming with amenities and beautiful features like swimming pools, spas, golf courses and tennis courts, public gardens, fitness centers and more. If you’re going to be moving to a community eventually, why not do so when you’re still able to enjoy all the extraordinary benefits?
- Ease of Travel – Many retirees list traveling as a major priority for their retirement lifestyle. Living in a maintenance-free community makes traveling a lot easier, knowing that someone will be taking care of your yard work while you’re gone and you won’t be shoveling out money on heating or cooling costs while you’re away. Additionally, many communities have security features that let residents travel with more peace of mind.
- More Time for Relationships – Enjoying the free time offered by maintenance-free living, as well as the ease of traveling, allows retirees to devote more time and energy to their family and friends. Additionally, retirement communities are excellent places to experience a robust social life with plenty of similar-aged neighbors and fun activities to do together. Community life takes the hard work out of maintaining a full social calendar.
- Free Time for Hobbies – As with social interactions, retirement living gives residents more time to do the things they love. Not only does this kind of lifestyle allow more free time but it also gives retirees convenient access to resources and connections to local programs they might not have otherwise. Communities may provide residents with an art studio or woodshop, volunteer program or lecture series. The possibilities for engagement in what you love are endless.
- Greater Health & Longevity – Because retirement communities often promote a healthier, wellness-focused lifestyle for seniors, many residents experience greater health for longer periods of time with community living compared to those who remain isolated at home. Exercise programs, nutritious dining, on-site clinics and social interaction all contribute to greater longevity and a healthier lifestyle.
- Investment in the Future – The benefit of a healthier lifestyle is definitely an investment in one’s future, but depending on the community you choose, that investment can be even more significant. Those who choose a retirement community with additional care services such as assisted living, rehabilitation, memory care and more often buy into those services as soon as they move in. This makes accessing care easy and seamless when the time comes.
Making Your Retirement Dreams a Reality
Retiring sooner than later may seem overwhelming to some, but at Vantage Point, we want to help turn your concerns into excitement. If you’re ready to start living the retirement lifestyle you deserve, give us a call to discuss the next steps in your retirement journey and learn about the options available at our four gorgeous communities. Don’t delay your dream retirement any longer. Call us today to make it a reality!
Experience That Matters.
With headquarters in Exton, Pennsylvania, Vantage Point Retirement Living is a senior living development and management company that has been ensuring area seniors enjoy vibrant, carefree and healthy lifestyles since 1995.
The company is widely recognized for its hands-on, personal involvement within its associated communities, as well as for offering amenities and services that allow seniors to lead stimulating, active lives.
Vantage Point Retirement Living is a family-owned and -operated organization born out of a passion and enthusiasm for seniors. While Vantage Point Retirement Living may be considered a family business, its leadership team has decades of industry experience behind them – bringing together the best of both worlds to provide area seniors with the most extraordinary retirement living experience.
Whatever your interests and needs may be, exceptional living is just the beginning at a Vantage Point Retirement Living community. Whether it be Active Adult Living, Independent Living, Assisted Living or The Compass Memory Care™, living at a Vantage Point Retirement community empowers you to take control of your life while embracing your future with confidence and peace of mind.
We currently own three gorgeous communities in Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania, with four more under development and set to open in 2020.
Values You Can Trust.
In an industry increasingly dominated by large, national corporations, Vantage Point provides a trustworthy, local and family-oriented alternative for people seeking a community they can proudly call home – for themselves or a loved one. Our core values of trust, teamwork, family, friendship, individuality, dignity, respect and compassion enable us to create best-in-class communities designed to enhance the health, well-being and overall quality of life for seniors and their families.
To learn more about Vantage Point Retirement Living and the extraordinary lifestyles we provide, contact us today!