A letter from Rita Stevens, Vantage Point Cofounder
I want to personally thank you for considering Vantage Point or one of its communities as a place to work!! I am sure you can choose many different communities in which to put your talents, skills and energy to good use. I appreciate the time you've taken to consider our company and joining our extended family here at Vantage Point.
There are many things to consider when looking for job opportunities and likewise, many characteristics we look for in potential team members. We can have you sign a handbook, give you a bi-weekly paycheck, we can list all the benefits and 401K’s opportunities we have in place, we can teach you policies, procedures and orient you to our philosophy and culture as a company, but we cannot teach you to:
- Be kind to others when no one is looking
- Lend a hand to a fellow Associate or Resident when you see them having a hard day
- Have empathy for those who no longer are as youthful and strong as you
- Maintain a positive mental attitude when under stress (yes, there will be stress!)
- Understand that showing up for work each day really matters to your team and residents
- Take the time to listen to a resident reminisce - even when you’re busy
- Stop and say hello to another new teammate or resident and offer your encouragement
- Look for new opportunities to grow within this community/company and help us make it better each day
These are only a few of the qualities that it takes to become team member of our family here at Vantage Point. If you feel that this may be more of a job than you can handle, we’ll say thank you for your consideration and hope you do find something that will match your career expectations.
However, if you are the type of person who matches the description of qualities we are seeking, then, please apply for the position you're seeking, and feel free to add some reasons why you think you'll be a great addition to our family!
The Senior Housing Industry needs more caring individuals to fill the need of so many in the future. If you are looking towards the future yourself, this may be just the greatest opportunity you have to grow and learn in a very rewarding and “in demand” field.