Prepares food that meets or exceeds hospitality and service standards of the community. Prepares all foods to meet quantity and deadline requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Prepares food items using standardized recipes in a timely manner.
- Determines food and supplies needed and coordinates meal production with serving hours.
- Monitors all food items to see that at least the minimum guidelines for temperature, taste, and quality are upheld at all times.
- Ensures the proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods as indicated on the menu cycle and standardized recipes. Tastes and prepares food to determine quality.
- Maintains or exceeds standards of appearance, cleanliness, hygiene, and health standards.
- Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Oversees food storage; checks labels and dates.
- Completes cleaning duties.
- Follows all local, state, and federal policies regarding food handling.
- Assists with proper documentation of temperature logs and cleaning schedules.
- Maintains food safety equipment records and food safety temperature records.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year job related experience including food preparation, full-line menu items and therapeutic diets.
- Culinary apprenticeship or training preferred.
- Food Services Sanitation Certificate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Basic computer skills necessary.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Works primarily indoors.
- Possible exposure to high heat and cold temperatures.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the SDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision.
Our community’s philosophy is our commitment to non-discriminatory practices for our residents, staff, and business partners. Through our cultural awareness, we celebrate the diversity of residents and staff by supporting various celebrations, history, and means of acknowledgement of all cultures we served.