Provide operations support to the Executive Chef. Supervise wait staff in the day-to-day operations of the Dining Rooms. Maintain a high quality, positive, safe physical and social environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Maintains warm, hospitable relations in all guest contacts, while operating within budgeted guidelines.
- Promotes customer engagement activities and interacts with residents during meal times to monitor resident satisfaction or concerns about food service and develops plans to address as appropriate.
- Facilitate highest quality and safety practices in all Food & Beverage sanitation standards and service to the residents in the dining room.
- Maintains sanitation and control standards in the dining room and wait stations.
- Ensures standards of cleanliness, hygiene, proper attire and health standards are maintained at all times by food service dining team.
- Keeps current with industry trends through vendor shows and industry periodicals.
- Operates in compliance with Florida State and federal government laws.
- Maintains high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and image of self and subordinates.
- Communicates effectively between departments and corporate personnel.
- Conducts and attends regular department meetings.
- Maintains positive employee relations, in a supportive environment through corporate incentives.
- Oversees the coordination of catering, banquets and activities.
- Monitors and evaluates food quality for presentation, temperature and serving portion size. Provides leadership and communicates with food production team for adjustments and shares resident feedback.
- Monitors and evaluates table service adequacy for timing, etiquette and thoroughness; provides service hospitality training and adjustments as appropriate.
- Supervises and supports dining venues and surrounding areas for proper directional flow, organization and supplies placement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Provides supervision to wait staff and others as assigned to assure delivery of consistently high quality service to residents. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years previous experience in fine dining.
- Two (2) years supervisory and management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision, discipline and counseling.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Basic computer skills necessary.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Works primarily indoors in a controlled climate.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the SDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision.