Arcadia at Limerick Pointe is a beautiful, new senior living community opening in December, 2020, offering Independent Living, Personal Care and Memory Care. We are looking for several exceptionally talented cooks who will maintain the highest quality standards required by this first class senior living community. The desired candidate must be able to, not only prepare outstanding meals for residents with discriminating tastes, but also be able to prepare meals with specific dietary restrictions. This individual must be able to multi-task, be team oriented, and handle the demands of a fast paced kitchen environment. Experience cooking for seniors is preferred but not required. Our goal is to provide an exceptional dining experience for our residents. If you have a desire to work for a growing company that values it’s employees and enjoy working with seniors this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Prepares food items using standardized recipes in a timely manner.
- Determines food and supplies needed and coordinates meal production with serving hours.
- Monitors all food items to ensure that standards for temperature, taste, and quality are upheld at all times.
- Ensures the proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods as dictated by predetermined menus and standardized recipes. Tastes and prepares food to determine quality.
- Maintains or exceeds standards relative to appearance and presentation.
- Practices all kitchen safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Oversees food storage; checks labels and dates.
- Follows all local, state, and federal laws regarding food handling.
- Assists with proper documentation of temperature logs and cleaning schedules.
- Maintains food safety equipment records and food safety temperature records.
- Must enjoy working with a senior population.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, broiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school is a plus
- ServSafe certificate required but will assist in obtaining
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.