Arcadia at Limerick Pointe is a brand-new retirement community for Independent, Personal Care and Memory Care Living. Arcadia is part of Vantage Point Retirement a family-owned and operated organization born out of the belief that seniors deserve more when it comes to senior living. We are looking for a thorough housekeeper with excellent cleanliness standards to attend all areas of our community. The goal is to enhance our resident’s experience by keeping our community in clean and orderly condition.
If you enjoy working with seniors and want to be part of company that has an excellent track record of operating safe, clean, and FUN communities that are excellent places to work and call home.
- Performs cleaning duties according to schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) in assigned areas such as apartment homes, common areas, lounges and offices.
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops all floors and stairways; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs, carpets and runners; rotates runners in hallways and entryways.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures and facilities; stocks dispensers as necessary.
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoos furniture; dusts desk and floor lamp, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls, and windowsills.
- Scrubs bath and shower room tiles, woodwork, window frames and sills.
- Maintains equipment and materials needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and places in designated pick-up areas.
- Maintains the commercial laundry in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
- Ensures cleaning chemicals are kept stored and locked when not in use.
- Ensures any cords, carts, equipment and other hazards are always kept out of the way not blocking exits and in compliance with fire codes.
- Reports any needed repairs and supply and equipment needs to the Lead Housekeeper.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Will be responsible for keeping areas clean under COVID protocols
High school diploma or general education degree (GED),
Other skills required:
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.