Responsible for performing maintenance and housekeeping duties in and around the community grounds as assigned. Responsible for assisting with maintaining a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the residents, guests and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs routine maintenance duties to complete all service requests for repair and maintenance of all grounds, buildings, apartment homes, equipment and vehicles in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Routine maintenance duties may include: fixing wall and/or floor coverings; repairing furniture and fixtures; performing basic plumbing work; performing minor electrical repairs; repairing appliances; painting and refurbishing projects.
- Assists in the execution of the preventative maintenance program.
- Assists with working on heating and air conditioning systems, domestic water systems and pumps, refrigeration systems, motors, fans, electrical systems and emergency generators.
- Performs carpet and hard surface floor maintenance.
- Performs deep cleaning and resident suite ‘make ready’ rooms as assigned.
- Assists with housekeeping functions as needed.
- Communicates with Director for needed technical advice, product information, research and quality assurance guidance.
- Advises Director of the overall condition of the equipment and furnishings of the community.
- Assists with Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Evacuation procedures.
- Maintains all tools and repair parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Technical school education preferred.
- One (1) year maintenance and/or housekeeping experience preferred.
- Must have basic technical knowledge (such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and code compliance) and mechanical ability to perform routine maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment and possess a basic knowledge of construction principles.
- Must possess a general understanding of OSHA, fire prevention, life and safety regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Basic computer skills necessary.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Works both indoors and outdoors.
- Possible exposure to high heat and cold temperatures.
- Possible exposure to heights over six feet, working in confined areas, working with skin irritants, chemicals and radiation.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the SDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.