Responsible for promoting and guarding the community property and assets against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry by unauthorized persons while meeting and/or exceeding service standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Conducts safety and security inspections of all community property to include common areas, resident corridors, parking areas and perimeter access.
- Patrols community buildings and grounds as scheduled, may be required to register at watch stations to record time of inspection.
- Examines doors, windows and gates to ensure that they are secure.
- Patrols community property to prevent and discover activity in violation of criminal, fire or safety codes.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and security doors left unsecured.
- Investigates and reports all acts of unlawful or safety hazards that would endanger persons or property.
- Investigates all incidents and suspicious occurrences, filing incident report appropriately.
- Responds to all security calls and complaints, taking necessary action and handling on-scene emergency situations until relieved by a Supervisor.
- Inspects and reports all dangerous conditions and any damaged or defective equipment, machinery and property.
- Secures and unlocks areas and buildings in accordance with policy and community expectation.
- Raises, lowers and folds the flag appropriately.
- Notifies appropriate agencies in situations where their emergency response and support is necessary.
- Sounds alarm and/or calls policy/fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Assist in emergency response procedures as per community policy.
- Ensures outside furniture or fixtures are secure in the event of inclement weather.
- Schedules and provides transportation for residents in accordance with policy.
- May be required to drive the community vehicle if necessary.
- Various Environmental duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Florida Security Officer License
- One year job related experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and write using English language.
- Must demonstrate excellent telephone communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel. Ability to use email and the Internet.
- Demonstrates general office skills such as use of copy machine.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manners
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Responds promptly to resident and visitor needs. Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Completes administrative tasks accurately and timely.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must demonstrate good organizational, time management and record keeping skills.
- Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Works both outdoors and indoors all year.
- Possible exposure to hostile individuals.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the SDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand or walk. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.